Original title: The new round of Palestinian-Israeli conflict enters its 36th day and the international community calls for the opening of humanitarian channels for the people of Gaza
On November 11, local time, a new round of large-scale conflict between Palestine and Israel entered its 36th day, with more than 12,400 people killed on both sides. Among them, more than 11,000 Palestinians died, while Israel revised the death toll from about 1,400 to about 1,200.
At the same time, the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip continues to ferment. Many international organizations, including the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and the World Health Organization, stated that hospitals have been attacked and public facilities are overloaded, making Gaza no longer safe.
War dynamics: Israel and Hamas continue to fight, fighting continues near many hospitals
The Israeli military continued to carry out air strikes and advance ground operations in the Gaza Strip on the 11th, saying that the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) had lost control of the northern Gaza Strip. The Qassam Brigades, an armed wing of Hamas, said it continued to exchange fire with the Israeli army that day and destroyed multiple Israeli targets.
Israeli military says Hamas loses control of northern Gaza Strip
The Israel Defense Forces said on the 11th that the Israeli army continued to attack multiple Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip that day. With the cooperation of the Israeli Air Force, Israeli ground forces destroyed multiple Hamas facilities and killed many armed personnel. At present, the Israeli army has taken control of many important Hamas strongholds in the Gaza Strip. The Israeli military also said that Hamas had “lost control of the northern Gaza Strip.”
According to the Palestinian News Agency, in the early morning of the 11th, Israel launched air strikes on many buildings in the northern and central Gaza Strip, causing dozens of casualties. On the afternoon of the 11th, the Israeli army launched attacks on the southern Gaza cities of Rafah and Khan Younis, causing casualties.
Hamas says it continues to fight with Israeli troops and destroys many military vehicles
The Qassam Brigades, an armed wing of Hamas, said on the 11th that it continued to fight with the Israeli army in the Gaza Strip and had completely or partially destroyed more than 160 Israeli military targets in the Gaza Strip. In the past 48 hours, the organization 25 Israeli military vehicles were destroyed.
Israeli media report progress in talks between Israel and Hamas on exchange of detainees
The Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation quoted a source on the evening of November 10 as saying that negotiations between Israel and Hamas on the release of detainees by both parties have made progress, but an agreement has not yet been reached. According to reports, the United States and Qatar are the main participants in the negotiations. Israel still has some concerns.
Several hospitals were besieged near Shifa HospitalConflict intensifies
On the 11th, the Israeli army continued to bomb the areas near Shifa Hospital and Indonesian Hospital. Palestinian sources said Israeli forces surrounded Shifa hospital and all roads leading to it had been cut off. In this regard, an IDF official said that the Israeli army did not fire on Shifa Hospital, but there were fierce clashes with Palestinian armed personnel outside the hospital. He also said that personnel in the hospital can still “safely evacuate” from the east side of the hospital.
On the evening of the 11th, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society stated that Israeli tanks and military vehicles were surrounding the Holy City Hospital from all directions and shelling the hospital, and violent shootings also occurred inside the hospital.
Clashes resume in West Bank city Jenin
On the 11th, the Israeli army clashed fiercely with local Palestinians in the West Bank city of Jenin. The local Palestinians used homemade bombs to attack the Israeli army. That night, the Israeli army sent reinforcements to Jenin. According to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, two Palestinians were killed in the conflict.
Israeli media say Israeli military operations in Gaza will last for a year
According to the “Times of Israel” news on the 11th local time, according to a report from an unknown source, the Israel Defense Forces’ military operations in Gaza will last for one year. The IDF is preparing to expand its ground operations into areas where it has never operated before.
The report said, “Israeli forces moved without urgent pressure. Just as Israeli military commanders have been told, proceed slowly and safely.”
WHO: “A child dies every 10 minutes in Gaza”
As the current round of Palestinian-Israeli conflict continues, the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip continues to intensify. World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on November 10 that on average, a child dies every 10 minutes in the Gaza Strip.
Without power, internet and water, medical institutions in Gaza are unable to survive.
The director of Shifa Hospital, the largest medical institution in the Gaza Strip, said on the 11th that the hospital had cut off power, internet, water and had run out of medical supplies. It is reported that 38 babies in the hospital are “on the verge of death” due to lack of oxygen due to power outage. An IDF spokesman denied the siege of Shifa Hospital on the evening of the 11th and stated that it planned to help transfer babies in Shifa Hospital on the 12th.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society announced on the evening of the 11th that 21 of the 35 hospitals in the Gaza Strip have ceased services, and currently only 7 of the agency’s 18 ambulances in the Gaza Strip are operational. However, due to depletion of fuel, these seven ambulances are also at risk of being out of service in the next few hours.
The opening hours of the Gaza Humanitarian Corridor will be increased by one hour, and the Rafah crossing will reopen on the 12th.
The Israeli army said later on the 11th that the evacuation corridor from the north to the south of the Gaza Strip was open from 9:00 to 16:00 that day, an hour longer than the previous day. About 50,000 Gaza Strip residents were moved from the north to the south of Gaza.
The Gaza Strip Port Management Department announced on the evening of the 11th local time that the Rafah port entering Egypt will reopen on the 12th, allowing people holding foreign passports to leave.
Latest statements from both sides
Israeli Prime Minister: Security control of Gaza Strip will continue after war
On the 11th local time, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated at a press conference that Hamas had lost control of the northern Gaza Strip. After eliminating Hamas, Israel will assume full security control of the Gaza Strip and will not hand it over to the Palestinian Authority. Netanyahu also stated that rescuing the detained persons is the current main task and that Israel will not cease fire unless the detained persons return to Israel.
Netanyahu also warned Lebanese Hezbollah not to misjudge the situation and rashly join the war, saying that the Israeli army has also made corresponding deployments and preparations in the northern region.
Israeli Defense Minister Galante said that Israel faces a long war in the Gaza Strip.
Palestinian president calls on international community to pressure Israel into ceasefire
Palestinian President Abbas said at the special joint summit of Arab-Islamic leaders held on the 11th that the Palestinians are facing an “unequal genocidal war.” Abbas called on the United States to put pressure on Israel to force it to stop its war of genocide. Military operations in the Gaza Strip.
The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs issued a statement on the 11th, strongly condemning the Israeli army’s attacks on hospitals and surrounding areas in the Gaza Strip. The Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs pointed out that thousands of civilians in the Gaza Strip, especially children and newborns, are facing life-threatening danger.
Peripheral situation: The situation on the Lebanese-Israeli border is tense, and an alarm sounds on the Syrian-Israeli border
Fighting continues on Lebanon-Israel provisional border
There was another exchange of fire on the temporary border between Lebanon and Israel on the 11th. Lebanese Hezbollah said that the organization attacked multiple targets such as Israeli military posts and radar stations on the Israeli side of the temporary border that day. The Israeli military said that in response, it struck multiple Hezbollah targets on the Lebanese side that day.
Lebanese Hezbollah says it will step up attacks on Israel and issues warning
Lebanese Hezbollah General Secretary Nasrallah delivered a speech on the 11th, condemning Israel’s attacks on hospitals and civilians in the Gaza Strip. He also said that Hezbollah has recently stepped up its attacks on Israel and caused serious losses to Israel.
In response, Israeli Defense Minister Galante responded later that day, warning Nasrallah not to make a “serious mistake” and saying that if Hezbollah escalates the border fighting, Lebanon will “fall into the same situation as the Gaza Strip.” “.
Israeli army says two rockets fired from Syria towards Israel
An IDF spokesman said on the evening of the 11th local time that two rockets were fired from Syria towards Israel that night, and an air defense siren sounded in the Golan Heights on the Syrian-Israeli border. Two rockets eventually landed in an open area in the Golan Heights. The Israel Defense Forces said it was launching attacks on launch sites in Syria.
Representatives of 70 countries and regions issued a joint statement calling on the international community to take action to end the Palestinian-Israeli conflict
On November 10, representatives of 70 countries and regions to the United Nations Office in Geneva issued a joint statement calling on the international community to take immediate action to fulfill its obligations under international law and end the violent conflicts in the Gaza Strip.
The official website of the United Nations reported that the statement called for an immediate ceasefire on all sides and urged the international community to “exercise maximum pressure” to ensure emergency humanitarian access and assistance and restore basic services. The statement also called for the release of all detained persons, action to protect civilians and civilian facilities, and an end to the forced relocation of Palestinians within or from Gaza.
Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, Iran and other countries called for action to promote a ceasefire and an end to the war between Palestine and Israel
On the evening of the 11th local time, the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs released the resolution of the special joint summit of Arab-Islamic leaders on the Palestinian issue. The resolution condemned Israel’s attacks on the Gaza Strip and the West Bank and other places, reiterated its support for the Palestinian people’s right to freedom and independence in all its occupied territories, and emphasized the core position of the Palestinian issue in the hearts of Arab and Islamic countries.
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman called on all participating countries to form a united and unified stance, take concrete actions in response to the situation between Palestine and Israel, and promote the entry of humanitarian relief supplies into the Gaza Strip as soon as possible.
In addition, Egyptian President Sisi, Turkish President Erdogan, Iranian President Raisi, Qatar Emir Tamim and other leaders of participating countries also called for an immediate ceasefire and an end to the war.
French President Macron urges Israel to ‘stop bombing civilians in Gaza’
On November 10, local time, French President Macron urged Israel to “stop bombing civilians in Gaza” in an interview with the British media. Macron said the bombings targeting women, babies and the elderly were unjustified and illegal. Macron also said that France clearly condemns Hamas’s attacks on Israel.