Industrial Safety | British alphasense ammonia sensor effectively prevents leakage accidents in liquid ammonia storage tank areas
Liquid ammonia is included in the list of hazardous chemicals because of its dangerous properties such as flammability, explosiveness, and poisoning. According to the “Identification of Major Hazard Sources of Hazardous Chemicals” (GB18218-2009), a critical storage capacity of ammonia greater than 10 tons constitutes a major hazard source. All liquid ammonia storage tanks are Class III pressure vessels. Now we will analyze the dangerous characteristics and dangers during the production and operation of liquid ammonia storage tanks, and propose some preventive and emergency measures to avoid accidents.
1. Serious risks of liquid ammonia leakage
In the hazardous chemicals industry, liquid ammonia leakage is an extremely dangerous event, and its risks include but are not limited to the following:
1. Easy to vaporize and spread: Liquid ammonia will vaporize quickly at normal temperature and spread over a wide range, posing a threat to the surrounding environment and people.
2. Susceptible to poisoning and casualties: Liquid ammonia is a toxic substance, and the ammonia gas produced by its volatilization can cause severe respiratory tract irritation and poisoning symptoms, and even cause casualties.
3. Easily combustible and explosive: After liquid ammonia is mixed with air, it can cause combustion or even explosion when encountering a fire source or high heat.
4. Easy to pollute the environment: Liquid ammonia leakage will cause serious pollution to the surrounding environment, destroy the ecological balance, and affect agriculture and human life.
5. Prone to secondary accidents: Liquid ammonia leakage may cause other chemical reactions or physical phenomena, triggering a series of secondary accidents.
Therefore, we must attach great importance to liquid ammonia leakage accidents and take effective measures to prevent them.
2. Why is it necessary to install an ammonia gas detector in the liquid ammonia storage tank area?
The importance of setting up ammonia gas detectors in liquid ammonia storage tank areas is reflected in the following aspects:
1. Real-time monitoring of ammonia leaks: The liquid ammonia storage tank area is a high-risk area. Gas detection instruments can be installed to monitor the ammonia concentration in real time, detect leaks in time, and prevent the accident from expanding.
2. Ensure personnel safety: Liquid ammonia is highly irritating to the human body, and long-term exposure can cause health problems. Setting up gas detection instruments can monitor the ammonia concentration in the surrounding environment in real time and protect on-site workers from harm.
3. Prevent fires and explosions: After liquid ammonia and air are mixed to a certain proportion, it may cause combustion or even explosion when encountering a fire source or high heat. By setting up gas detection instruments, ammonia concentration can be monitored in a timely manner to prevent the mixing ratio from reaching a dangerous range and prevent fire and explosion accidents.
4. Improve equipment safety: Infrastructure such as equipment and pipelines in the liquid ammonia storage tank area may be damaged if exposed to high concentrations of ammonia for a long time. Gas detection instruments can be installed to monitor the ammonia concentration in the surrounding environment in real time and detect potential risks in a timely manner. problems to ensure the safety of the equipment.
5. Comply with specification requirements: According to the “Design Code for Detection and Alarm of Combustible and Toxic Gases in Petrochemical Industry”, the liquid ammonia storage tank area needs to be equipped with a toxic gas alarm system to comply with the requirements of relevant regulations and standards.
Therefore, in order to ensure the safe and stable operation of the liquid ammonia storage tank area, prevent accidents and ensure the safety of personnel and equipment, it is crucial to install an ammonia gas detector.The ammonia gas detector uses advanced imported ammonia gassensorBritish alphasense four-electrode electrochemical ammonia sensor NH3-B1:
Four-electrode electrochemical ammonia sensor NH3-B1Mainly used to detect the concentration of ammonia in the atmosphere. NH3-B1 is a four-electrode electrochemical ammonia sensor with linear current output. The signal is easy to process and has high sensitivity. It is suitable for use in harsh environments.Typical applicationsAmmonia gas transmitter, various ammonia detection occasions.
Original title: Industrial Safety | British alphasense ammonia sensor effectively prevents leakage accidents in liquid ammonia storage tank areas