Who is the rich man Generation Z admires most?Taylor Swift beats Buffett, the top list is a classic figure
With the prevalence of social media, it seems that everyone has the opportunity to become famous, and even make a living by creating and sharing content about their personal life, forming a “creator economy”; opinion leaders and celebrities have also risen from generation to generation, affecting the lives of their followers. and thinking. However, when Generation Z was asked whose economic influence they most admired, the answer turned to an old-school but very classic answer.
The foreign media “Morning Brew” and the data company Generation Lab recently conducted a survey covering 1,000 college students in the United States – Generation Z born after the mid-to-late 1990s. One of the questions asked them to select 3 people from 20 celebrities who best embody “economic success.”
You may guess that the list is consistent with the level of wealth, but Gen Z gave different answers.
Musk, the world’s richest man, ranks 3rd, Bill Gates ranks 1st
The world’s richest man is indeed regarded as a model of financial success by Generation Z, but the world’s richest man, Tesla CEO Musk, only ranks third. At the top of the list in Generation Z’s mind is Bill Gates, the fourth richest man and the founder of Microsoft, who received support from half of the students surveyed.
Ranked 2nd is Bezos, the third richest man in the world and the founder of Amazon.It is worth noting that singer Taylor Swift defeated stock god Buffett and Meta CEO Zuckerberg to win the fourth place.This result may come as no surprise – after 146 tour dates around the world, Taylor Swift became a billionaire and the richest female singer. Recently, terms such as “Taylor Swift Economics” and “Taylor Swift Effect” have been used to describe the billions of dollars of economic activities she created.
The proportion of support received by these 20 figures in the survey will be listed below. “Business Insider” observed that celebrities in the technology and entertainment industries are particularly recognized by Generation Z and ranked higher. And Taylor Swift is not the only singer considered financially influential; Beyoncé, Rihanna, and Jay-Z are also among the top names.
Survey results: Technology and entertainment celebrities are very popular
The following is a list of 20 celebrities and the proportion of support they received from the students surveyed:
- Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft)─50%
- Jeff Bezos (Amazon founder)─26%
- Elon Musk (Tesla CEO)─35%
- Taylor Swift (American singer-songwriter and music producer)─26%
- Warren Buffett (American investor)─24%
- Mark Zuckerberg (Meta CEO)─22%
- Oprah Winfrey (American talk show host)─16%
- Beyoncé (American singer)─14%
- Thunderbolt James (American professional basketball player)─11%
- Ryan Reynolds (Canadian actor)─11%
- Rihanna (singer)─10%
- Donald Trump (former President of the United States)─9%
- Kim Kardashian (TV personality)─9%
- Mike Bloomberg (American businessman)─6%
- Jay-Z (American rapper)─5%
- Martha Stewart (American businessman and columnist)─5%
- Kelly． Jenner (TV personality)─4%
- George Soros (Investor)─2%
- Jim Cramer (American financial host)─1%
- Howard Schutz (American entrepreneur)─1%
From the above survey, we can find that traditional industry giants are still successful models for young people, but a new generation of models is also being born through social influence that is different from the past.
This picture/text is from “Techorange Technology News“Published with permission and may not be reproduced without permission.
Original source: Who is the rich man Generation Z admires most?Taylor Swift beats Buffett, top list is classic figure