With the grand opening of the 6th China International Import Expo, Johnson & Johnson brought more than 100 innovative products from its two major businesses of medical technology and innovative pharmaceuticals to the CIIE stage, covering surgery, cardiovascular and cerebrovascular, high-incidence tumors, orthopedics, ophthalmology Health, immunity, mental illness, infectious diseases, rare diseases and many other disease areas. Powered by industry-leading diversified innovation capabilities, Johnson & Johnson’s “first show” products at this year’s exhibition accounted for up to one-third, fully demonstrating Johnson & Johnson’s determination to solve serious health challenges with its comprehensive cross-business strength, and its roots in China to help “health” China’s firm commitment to building the country.
Based on innovation, serving people’s health
Johnson & Johnson Medical Technologies has always been innovating at the intersection of biology and technology and is committed to solving the world’s most pressing medical and health challenges. This CIIE brought nearly 30 debut products, fully demonstrating Johnson & Johnson’s deep strength in the fields of surgery, orthopedics, ophthalmology and interventional solutions.
In the field of stroke treatment, Johnson & Johnson has consistently advocated the treatment concepts of early diagnosis, early treatment and co-treatment of the heart and brain for many years. At this CIIE, Johnson & Johnson brought a new “world debut” product for atrial fibrillation and a “China debut” new product for the treatment of acute ischemic stroke.
• STSF DE pulse/radio frequency dual energy ablation catheterIt is a pulse/radio frequency dual-energy ablation catheter with a pressure monitoring module for the treatment of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. It can perform quantitative ablation under the guidance of an electrophysiological navigation system to better protect the healthy heartbeat of thousands of patients with atrial fibrillation.
STSF DE pulse/radio frequency dual energy ablation catheter
• EMBOGUARD™ Balloon Guidance CatheterIndependently developed by Johnson & Johnson Medical Technology, it can temporarily block blood flow during neurointerventional thrombectomy surgery, prevent thrombus from escaping to the distal end of the blood vessel, and assist thrombectomy stents and suction catheters to remove intracranial thrombi. It is an acute ischemic Good news for stroke patients.
EMBOGUARD™ Balloon Guidance Catheter
In surgical operations, the rational application of surgical sutures can help the safe and effective healing of surgical incisions, reduce the occurrence of postoperative complications, and improve the quality of surgery. This year coincides with the 20th anniversary of the global launch of Johnson & Johnson’s antibacterial sutures, a new antibacterial upgrade solution——antibacterial single pill®(MONOCRYL®Plus)andAntibacterial Pudis®Upgraded products (PDS®Plus – GAMMA)Ushering in the “first show in China”.
• antibacterial single pill®(MONOCRYL®Plus)Fine cosmetic sutures can be used at the dermis level of different surgical incisions for intradermal continuous suturing, which helps reduce the risk of surgical site infection and provides clinically with better quality cosmetic suture products at the dermal level, bringing more confident healing to patients. Effect.
Antibacterial MONOCRYL® Plus
• Antibacterial PDS® Upgraded Products (PDS®Plus – GAMMA)It will soon be approved for marketing in China, which will better meet the needs of clinical incision healing and help improve the concept of suturing. Both products add “Enterobacter cloacae” to the antibacterial spectrum of second-generation antibacterial sutures, which is also one of the common bacterial species that cause hospital infections and surgical site infections. At the same time, the first release of antibacterial effect figures stated that the quantitative antibacterial effect results reached 99.99%.
Antibacterial PDS® Upgraded Product (PDS® Plus – GAMMA)
In the field of orthopedics, “first in China”MATRIXWAVE™ MMF SYSTEM Intermaxillary Fixation SystemIt is a bone-supported intermaxillary fixation system that can be fixed on the maxillary and mandibular bones through wavy titanium plates and self-drilling locking screws, and can be achieved in the upper and lower jaw dental arches by cercling steel wires around titanium plate hooks and/or nail heads. Occlusal ligation is mainly used for temporary occlusal fixation after maxillofacial fractures and orthognathic osteotomies. By combining the strength and stability of dental arch splints with the speed and convenience of IMF screws, the MATRIXWAVE™ MMF SYSTEM intermaxillary fixation system can better solve the pain points of clinical customers, bring convenient and efficient surgical operations to doctors, and bring better quality to patients. A comfortable post-operative experience.
MATRIXWAVE™ MMF SYSTEM Intermaxillary Fixation System
Also the “China debut”Conduit 3D printed fusion deviceIt is the first FDA-approved 3D printed intervertebral fusion cage with nanoscale properties. The 3D printed porous titanium implant has a macro/micro/nano structure with a porosity of 80%, designed to simulate cortical cancellous bone and promote bone fusion.
Conduit 3D printed fusion device
Johnson & Johnson has also always been committed to protecting the eye health of patients throughout their life cycle, and two new “China debut” products in the field of ophthalmology have brought new choices to patients.
• The world’s first purely refractive presbyopia correction EDOF intraocular lens TECNIS PureSee™ IOLBased on TECNIS Based on the TECNIS platform, it can provide high-quality vision and excellent contrast sensitivity day and night. Its unique progressive refraction technology uses subtle optical changes to achieve monofocal-like visual quality and light energy utilization on the basis of excellent continuous vision from far to near, reducing dependence on glasses; its optical interference is reduced to TECNIS Monofocal level; its design provides greater tolerance for refractive errors, making it easier for clinicians to use and improving patient satisfaction.
TECNIS PureSee™ IOL intraocular lens
• ACUVUE® OASYS MAX 1-Day Disposable Contact LensesRelying on the dual technologies of OptiBlue anti-blue light and TearStable tear stabilizing and high moisturizing technology, it can effectively filter 55% of blue light and improve the stability of the tear film, so that the lens can achieve the two advantages of clear vision and hydration and comfort at the same time. Help consumers cope with the current challenging environment that requires long-term use of electronic devices, provide consumers with a different comfortable and clear wearing experience, further enrich the market choices of daily disposable contact lenses, and bring consumers a high-quality choice.
ACUVUE®OASYS MAX 1-Day Disposable Contact Lenses
Johnson & Johnson’s Innovative Pharmaceuticals business is committed to developing, introducing and producing high-quality transformative therapies and innovative treatment options to meet urgent patient needs.
• “China debut” productsAkeega®(Niraparib/Abiraterone Acetate Tablets)It is a combination tablet of niraparib and abiraterone acetate. The niraparib is a PARP inhibitor that targets HRR gene (including BRCA gene) mutations, and abiraterone acetate is a new endocrine therapy drug that targets Targets the androgen receptor (AR). The product was approved for marketing in Europe in April 2023, was granted priority review by the FDA in the same month, and was approved for marketing in the United States in August 2023.
Akeega® (Niraparib/Abiraterone Acetate Tablets)
• “China debut”T cell redirecting bispecific antibody Talvey™ (Talquetamab)It is the first T lymphocyte redirecting bispecific antibody that can simultaneously bind to the CD3 receptor complex on T cells and the new multiple myeloma target GPRC5D on plasma cells. It has been approved by the FDA in August 2023. Accelerated approval and conditional approval from the European Commission (EC) as monotherapy for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
T cell redirecting bispecific antibody Talvey™ (Talquetamab)
• T cell redirecting bispecific antibody TECVAYLI™ (Teclistamab)It is a fully humanized T cell redirecting IgG4 bispecific antibody under development that targets BCMA and CD3 on T cells simultaneously. BCMA is expressed at high levels on multiple myeloma cells. Teclistamab can redirect CD3+ T cells to BCMA-expressing myeloma cells, thereby killing tumor cells. In 2022, Teclistamab received conditional approval from the European Commission (EC) and accelerated approval from the FDA, becoming the first T cell-redirecting bispecific antibody approved for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma. In September 2022, Teclistamab is suitable for the treatment of adult patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma who have received at least three lines of therapy in the past. Their previous treatments include a proteasome inhibitor (PI), an immunomodulator (IMiD) ) and an anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody, which received Breakthrough Therapy Designation (BTD) from the Drug Evaluation Center of the National Medical Products Administration.
T cell redirecting bispecific antibody TECVAYLI™ (Teclistamab)
Spillover effects, accelerating response to patient needs
The CIIE is the launching place and gathering place for global innovative products, and it is also a gravitational field that continues to promote the accelerated implementation of innovation. Having participated in previous CIIEs, Johnson & Johnson has benefited from the strong spillover effect of the CIIEs and has accelerated its launch into the Chinese market at “China speed” to benefit more patients faster. Four star exhibits from previous years will return to this CIIE.
• MONARCH®Transnatural orifice diagnosis and treatment robotIt is the first approved natural orifice diagnostic and treatment robot platform in China. The MONARCH® transnatural orifice diagnosis and treatment robot can carry out diagnosis and treatment through the natural orifice of the bronchus without any incision on the body surface, which will accelerate the minimally invasive and precise diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer and benefit the majority of patients with pulmonary nodules and lung cancer. This product was launched at the 4th CIIE as the “Asia Debut” and was officially approved in China during the 6th CIIE.China has also become the first regulatory agency outside the United States for the Johnson & Johnson Medical Technology MONARCH® transnatural orifice diagnostic and treatment robot.Approved Markets.
*The regulatory agency refers to the National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) of China
MONARCH® Transnatural Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Robot
• Drugs under Johnson & Johnson Innovative Pharmaceuticalsmega-speed® (daratumumab subcutaneous injection, English trade name: DARZALEX FASPRO®) was unveiled at the 4th CIIE as the debut product for the treatment of newly diagnosed primary light chain amyloidosis (AL). In May 2023, the product was officially approved by the China National Medical Products Administration (NMPA) for 6 multiple myeloma (MM) indications. Currently, Zhaokesu® covers two major treatment areas and 7 indications. Compared with traditional intravenous infusion administration of daratumumab, daratumumab injection (subcutaneous injection) only takes 3-5 minutes to complete administration, opening a new era of MM and AL treatment at full speed.
• Johnson & Johnson’s all-seeing“Catalys” ophthalmic femtosecond laser treatment machineIt only took 14 months to be officially approved and put into use. In addition,TECNIS Synergy™ leaps to the next level®intraocular lensIt was unveiled at the 5th China International Import Expo and attracted widespread attention as the first continuous-range intraocular lens to provide 33cm near vision. In December of that year, the first two implant surgeries were carried out in Boao, Hainan, relying on the “first-in-first-out” policy. It was officially approved in the same month. Today, Synergy™ has been implanted in many places across the country, bringing a better visual experience to Chinese cataract patients.
“Catalys” ophthalmic femtosecond laser treatment machine
TECNIS Synergy™ Intraocular Lens
Song Weiqun, Global Senior Vice President and Chairman of Johnson & Johnson China, said: “The Chinese market is increasingly becoming the source and output of innovation. The CIIE is a big stage to showcase innovation results, accelerate the implementation of innovation, and promote innovative development. Thanks to Johnson & Johnson’s expertise in medical technology and With the unique comprehensive strength of the two major business areas of innovative pharmaceuticals, we have continuously introduced the world’s leading cutting-edge innovative products and solutions into China, and supported the government in continuously improving their accessibility and affordability to better serve people’s health. We We look forward to promoting more innovative exchanges and cooperation on the big stage of the CIIE, working with industry partners to help build China’s innovation ecosystem, and working with local and global innovative companies to accelerate the transformation of cutting-edge medical innovations, so that more and more people Chinese innovation rises and grows through cooperation and exchanges, contributing China’s strength to the world and bringing more Chinese innovation!”
Original article, author: Chen Chen, if reprinted, please indicate the source: https://www.kejixun.com/article/593665.html