Original title: This ongoing Palestinian-Israeli conflict has killed more than 10,800 people on both sides, and at least a quarter of the buildings in the northern Gaza Strip have been damaged or destroyed.
Since a new round of conflict between Palestine and Israel broke out on October 7, the number of casualties on both sides has continued to rise. So far, more than 10,800 people on both sides have been killed. The conflict is still continuing. The health department of the Palestinian Gaza Strip stated on November 3 that 9,257 people have died in the Gaza Strip since the current round of Palestinian-Israeli conflict broke out. In addition, 144 people died in the West Bank. According to Israeli media citing the Israeli Ministry of Health, more than 1,400 Israelis have died in this round of conflicts.
On November 3, the Israel Defense Forces continued air strikes in the Gaza Strip, discovering and destroying Hamas tunnels. The Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) said it had carried out attacks on Israeli troops.
On the 3rd, the Israeli army continued its air strikes on the Gaza Strip. Israel Defense Forces spokesman Daniel Hegeri said that day that the Israel Defense Forces surrounded Gaza City from sea, land and air. The Israeli military released a video that day and stated that it had discovered and destroyed many tunnels built by Hamas in the Gaza Strip.
According to a report by the Palestinian Al-Quds newspaper on the 3rd, the Qassam Brigades, an armed faction affiliated with Hamas, announced that it destroyed a number of Israel Defense Forces vehicles and killed many Israeli soldiers in the Gaza Strip that day. The Qassan Brigades also said earlier in the day that they had launched a raid on an IDF unit in the northwest area of Beit Lahiya in the Gaza Strip. On the evening of the 3rd, multiple rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip towards Tel Aviv, Israel and other places.
China Central Radio and Television Station reporter Zhao Bing went to Sderot, an Israeli town on the border of the Gaza Strip, to report on November 3. According to the reporter’s understanding, Israeli ground troops are equipped with armored bulldozers and continue to advance in the Gaza Strip under the cover of the air force. Militants from the Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) used tunnels to raid Israeli troops.
According to various videos previously released by the Israeli army, reporters from the main station learned that the Israeli army equipped a large number of armored bulldozers to clear the way under the cover of the air force, and then Israeli tanks and armored personnel carriers moved forward in columns. Advance. The reason why bulldozers were used to clear the road instead of using the main roads in Gaza was also to avoid possible ambushes by Gaza armed personnel and explosive devices set up by the roads.
Headquarters reporter Zhao Bing: About 12 kilometers behind me is the center of Gaza City. According to the latest situation announced by the Israeli army, Gaza City is already under siege by the Israeli army from the north and the south. In the past few days of ground fighting, various blocks and raids by Hamas armed personnel have killed more than 20 Israeli soldiers. According to a statement issued by the Qassam Brigades, an armed faction affiliated with Hamas, on the 3rd, it launched a surprise attack on an Israeli army team in the northwest Gaza Strip, killing four Israeli soldiers. Although the Israeli army has not yet confirmed it, Hamas armed personnel’s use of underground tunnels to conduct raids has caused considerable trouble to the Israeli army. At the same time, Hamas continues to fire rockets towards the Israeli side.
At least a quarter of buildings in northern Gaza Strip damaged and destroyed
Over 8,000 rockets hit Israel
As the Israeli-Palestinian conflict intensifies, the humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip is worsening. The latest research conducted by the New York Times based on a satellite photo shows that since the outbreak of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict on October 7, the damage to buildings in the Gaza Strip has been serious. Particularly in the northern Gaza Strip, at least a quarter of buildings were damaged and destroyed.
In the photo published by the New York Times, the yellow part shows the damage to buildings in northern Gaza before the Israeli army began the ground assault on October 25, and the red part shows the damage to the buildings after the ground assault began. It can be seen that this round of conflicts is shocking in terms of breadth and intensity.
△Israel’s “Iron Dome” defense system intercepts rockets (data map)
In addition, on November 3, local time, the Israel Defense Forces issued a statement stating that since a new round of large-scale conflict between Palestine and Israel broke out on October 7, more than 8,000 rockets have attacked Israel.
Israel returns hundreds of Palestinian workers to Gaza Strip
According to a report by the Jerusalem Post on November 3, Israel has begun returning some Palestinian workers in the West Bank to the Gaza Strip. On the 3rd, hundreds of Palestinian workers took buses to the southern edge of the Gaza Strip, and then entered the Gaza Strip on foot through the Kerem Shalom Port. These workers said they have been detained by Israel since the outbreak of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
On the same day, Elizabeth Throssell, spokesperson for the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, said that the United Nations was deeply concerned about this matter. After the new round of conflict between Palestine and Israel, at least 4,000 Palestinian workers and Palestinian hospital patients in Israel were detained by Israel without sufficient legal basis. Israel is now pushing them back to Gaza, where they may even be homeless.
Israeli PM rejects temporary ceasefire that does not involve return of Israeli detainees
On November 3, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu stated that Israel would continue military operations and reject a temporary ceasefire that did not involve the return of Israeli detainees. He also said Israel would not allow fuel to enter the Gaza Strip.
Since the outbreak of a new round of large-scale conflict between Palestine and Israel, Israel has banned the delivery of fuel to the Gaza Strip. Fuel shortages not only affect all aspects of people’s lives, but also prevent many hospitals from properly treating the wounded and other patients.
According to CNN, once the Gaza Strip runs out of fuel, it will cause widespread power outages, and the impact will be catastrophic.
Gaza’s food supplies are so low that UN seeks $1.2 billion in aid
The United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) stated on November 3, local time, that since the outbreak of a new round of large-scale conflict between Palestine and Israel on October 7, nearly 50 of the agency’s buildings and assets in the Gaza Strip Affected, some were directly attacked. Currently, the shelters set up by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency in the East in the Gaza Strip house approximately 700,000 people.
On the same day, UNRWA Director-General Lazzarini said in an interview with the media that people currently in UN facilities in the Gaza Strip are no safer than people elsewhere in the Gaza Strip.
△On November 3, local time, after Israel launched an attack on a refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, search and rescue operations continued.
A spokesman for UNRWA told the outside world on November 3 that the food supply in the Gaza Strip is extremely scarce, drinking water is also seriously insufficient, and diseases are spreading among the displaced people.
Jens Laerke, spokesman for the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, said on November 3, local time, that in order to meet the humanitarian relief needs of the 2.7 million Palestinians in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, it is expected that by the end of this year, $1.2 billion in funding.
On October 12, the agency initially estimated that $294 million was needed to support humanitarian relief for nearly 1.3 million Palestinians. “But the humanitarian crisis has now become more serious,” Lehrke said. More funds will mainly address the Palestinians’ urgent needs for food, drinking water, medical services, shelter, public health, etc.
United Nations agency: This round of Palestinian-Israeli conflict has killed 3,760 children in the Gaza Strip
On November 3, local time, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East, the United Nations Children’s Fund, the World Health Organization and the United Nations Population Fund issued a joint statement stating that this round of Palestinian-Israeli conflict has resulted in the deaths of 2,326 women and 3,760 children in the Gaza Strip. , accounting for approximately 67% of all casualties. 420 children, some as young as a few months old, are killed or injured every day in the Gaza Strip.
The joint statement stated that there are approximately 50,000 pregnant women in the Gaza Strip, and more than 180 pregnant women give birth every day. Of these, 15% may experience complications related to pregnancy or childbirth. Maternal deaths are expected to increase due to deteriorating medical conditions and lack of adequate care.
The exchange of fire continues in the temporary border area between Lebanon and Israel. The leader of Lebanon’s Hezbollah delivers his first speech since the conflict.
On November 3, fighting continued in the temporary border area between Lebanon and Israel. According to the Lebanese National News Agency, Israel shelled Bustan, Jabin and other areas on the Lebanese side of the Lebanese-Israeli provisional border on the 3rd. South Lebanon’s water authority said some solar equipment and water tanks were damaged. The report also said that the power grid in some areas was also damaged.
The Israel Defense Forces said on the 3rd that Lebanon launched an anti-tank missile at a military stronghold on Israel’s northern border, but it did not cause any casualties. In response, the Israeli army launched artillery attacks on armed positions in Lebanon. An IDF spokesman said that day that the IDF was on “high alert” at the temporary border between Lebanon and Israel and would respond to any attack.
On the afternoon of November 3, local time, Lebanese Hezbollah leader Nasrallah delivered his first speech since the outbreak of a new round of conflict between Palestine and Israel. Nasrallah said that the United States bears full responsibility for the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and Israel is only a tool for execution. The United States has hindered the ceasefire in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Nasrallah said the recent clashes at the temporary border between Lebanon and Israel were unprecedented. Hezbollah’s operations in Lebanon are ongoing and escalating every day. If Israel wants to end the regional conflict, it must first stop its military operations in the Gaza Strip.
Honduras recalls ambassador to Israel
On November 3, local time, Honduras Foreign Minister Reina announced that due to “the serious humanitarian situation facing Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip”, the Honduran government decided to recall its ambassador to Israel.
Reina previously said in an interview with the media that Honduras is concerned about the possibility of announcing a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, allowing the establishment of a humanitarian corridor and starting peace negotiations. Depending on how the situation in Gaza develops, the Government of Honduras will adopt the position deemed appropriate.Return to Sohu to see more