On November 9, the news that “rat heads were found in the cafeteria of a primary school in Huaihua” in Hunan was pushed to the hot search list. According to netizens, the foreign object is suspected to be a mouse head, with teeth and white hair; while the school claims it is a rabbit head. (Video screenshot)
[The Epoch Times, November 9, 2023](Reported by Epoch Times reporter Fang Xiao) On November 9, the news that “a rat head was eaten in the cafeteria of a primary school in Huaihua” was pushed to the hot search list. According to netizens, the foreign object is suspected to be a mouse head, with teeth and white hair; while the school claims it is a rabbit head.
On November 8, a netizen posted a video online saying: A foreign object was eaten at the west campus of Wushui Primary School in Hecheng District, Huaihua City, Hunan Province. It was suspected to be a mouse head. There were not only teeth on the foreign object, but also a lot of white hair; the teacher explained that it was Rabbit head.
The incident caused heated discussions among netizens.
Getqwer: It evolved from referring to rat as duck to referring to rat as rabbit.
Haokan Photography: I have evolved, I have gained wisdom every time I learned it, and I know that the difference between a rat head and a duck neck is too big to be fooled.
ghfd3333: The school has made some progress this time, at least it is not said to be a duck neck. It is difficult for you to compare the size ratio of the pictures uploaded online this time.
According to Chinese media reports, a staff member of the Hecheng District Education Bureau said that after checking the school recipes, one of the dishes that day was spicy diced rabbit. Maybe the parents mistook the rabbit head for a rat head. The school has sent a teacher to the student. The family explained the matter to the parents face to face.
On the afternoon of November 9, the Market Supervision Bureau and Education Bureau of Hecheng District, Huaihua City stated that they had received relevant complaints and notified them.
A staff member of the catering department of the Hecheng District Market Supervision and Administration Bureau said that they had received relevant feedback and would reply to mainland media reporters later. However, as of press time, the reporter had not received a reply.
In the cafeterias of universities, middle schools, primary schools and hospitals in mainland China, students and staff frequently eat mice and other foreign objects while eating.
A typical example is that on June 1, students at Jiangxi Industrial Vocational and Technical College ate a foreign object suspected to be a “rat head” in the cafeteria.
On the evening of June 3, the official Weibo of Jiangxi Industrial Vocational and Technical College issued a notice in response to the incident, saying that the “foreign object” in the meal was confirmed by the person involved to be duck neck. This incident caused netizens to question whether he was referring to a rat as a duck.
On June 4, staff from the Nanchang Municipal Market Supervision and Administration Bureau stated that after verification by the staff, it was indeed a duck neck.
Under the pressure of public opinion, on June 17, a joint investigation team composed of multiple parties announced the results of the investigation into the “rat head” incident at Jiangxi Industrial Vocational and Technical College, saying that it was determined that the foreign object suspected to be a “rat head” was not a duck neck, and the foreign object was determined to be a duck neck. The head of a mouse-like rodent.
It is worth noting that this is not the first time a “rat incident” has occurred in the school. As early as 2021, the Nanchang Municipal Administration for Market Regulation exposed such an incident.
On June 27 this year, some netizens broke the news that they bought a box lunch in the canteen of Chongqing Xiushan County Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital and ate a rat head from the dish of konjac roast duck. Later, it was confirmed by the cafeteria that the foreign object was indeed a rat head.
On June 18, a netizen in Pingdingshan, Henan Province posted a video saying that two large rats were found in a vegetable pot at a restaurant in a highway service area. Finally, local verification confirmed it was true.
Incidents of rat heads appearing in canteen meals one after another have caused netizens to question, “If the rat heads are mixed into the dishes, where does the rat body go?” Some netizens said that it is not just eating the rat heads that is disgusting, but the thought of them. Did the body of the mouse also enter the stomach of the consumer?
Some netizens pointed out that this shows that there are serious food safety hazards in the canteen. The hygienic condition of the canteen is worrying. Rats are running rampant and accidentally got into a container that should be sealed to store ingredients, and were finally cooked as ingredients. In addition, how come the canteen staff didn’t notice it and cooked it before serving it to the consumers? Not to mention eating rat heads, rats carry germs and contaminate food everywhere, which is equally worrying and disgusting.
Editor in charge: Li Yuanrui#