On November 3, the Shandong Provincial Radio and Television Bureau issued a notice on launching a special rectification operation for the order of television signal transmission in hotels and decided to launch a 10-month special rectification operation for the order of television signal transmission in hotels and hotels starting from November.
The recipients of this notification document include the cultural and radio departments across Shandong, Shandong Radio and Television Station, China Radio and Television Shandong Network Co., Ltd., China Broadcasting Cable Information Network Co., Ltd. Zaozhuang Branch, etc.
The document clearly mentioned that in recent years, radio and television administrative and law enforcement departments at all levels in the province have continuously increased their efforts to rectify the order of radio and television communication, and the order of radio and television communication in the province is basically orderly and standardized. However, it has recently been discovered that some hotels in certain places have violated regulations such as unauthorized interception, interference, de-scrambling of television signals, and unauthorized distribution, disrupting the normal order of radio and television broadcasts, and violating the “Radio and Television Administration Regulations” and “Private Network and Directed Access”. Provisions on the Administration of Broadcasting of Audiovisual Program Services (General Administration Order No. 6) and other requirements.
Therefore, after research, it was decided to launch a 10-month special campaign to rectify the order of television signal transmission in hotels across the province.
This special action focuses on rectifying the following three types of problems:
1) Illegal analysis of cable TV sources
Hotels illegally set up small front-end equipment, and used illegal analysis equipment to decode a small number of cable TV set-top boxes into the channels needed by the hotel, and directly transmitted them to the guest room TVs through the hotel’s existing cable TV coaxial cables.
2) Illegal analysis of IPTV live source information
Hotels illegally set up small TV front-end equipment such as IPTV signal modulation and streaming media servers, and used illegal parsing equipment to parse a small number of set-top boxes into multiple channels and transmit them to guest room TVs through distribution equipment.
3) Illegal hotlinking and integration of public network live broadcast sources
Purchasing access to illegal aggregation software such as TV broadcasters and HDP, or collecting and purchasing links to public live broadcast channels and integrating them for broadcasting, and conducting on-demand payment services, are illegal activities involving violence, pornography, gambling content or piracy of current popular film and television sources.
The specific implementation steps are as follows:
The special rectification operation will start in November and end at the end of August next year.
1) Self-examination and self-correction of hotels (before December 30, 2023). In accordance with the requirements of the notice, all municipal bureaus organized hotels and hotels in their jurisdiction to conduct self-examination and self-correction, and supervised hotels and hotels with violations to immediately stop their violations.
2) The municipal bureau will conduct a comprehensive investigation and rectification (before August 30, 2024). Each municipal bureau conducts a comprehensive investigation of the area under its jurisdiction, registers and registers hotels one by one, and establishes accounts from aspects such as radio and television signal access, operating merchants, number of receptions, program safety, and whether to use small front-ends, and records of violations found Hotels shall be seriously investigated and punished in accordance with the Regulations on the Administration of Radio and Television, the Regulations on the Administration of Private Network and Targeted Broadcast Audiovisual Program Services (General Administration Order No. 6).
3) Provincial bureau supervision and spot inspection summary (before September 30, 2024). The provincial bureau will conduct random inspections and supervision of the rectification actions in various places. The organization and rectification status of each place will be included in the assessment as an assessment indicator for the construction of Safe Shandong.