Original title: More than half of artists worry about how audiences will view music created with AI assistance
Webmaster’s Home (ChinaZ.com) News on November 3: As artificial intelligence (AI) continues to become more popular, all walks of life around the world are increasingly accepting of its transformative capabilities, and the music industry is no exception. However, the industry’s embrace of AI technology is accompanied by concerns about creators’ rights.
Picture source note: The picture is generated by AI, and the picture is authorized by the service provider Midjourney
A recent survey released by private music studio Pirate showed that 53% of respondents expressed concerns about how audiences will view music created with AI assistance. The survey covered 1,141 artists from the UK, US and Germany, including band members, solo artists, producers, performers and rappers.
The survey also revealed artists’ hesitance to use AI in the studio, with only 25% of respondents saying they had experience using AI. Despite this, 46% of respondents expressed willingness to consider using such tools in the future.
Christoph Krey, a member of the Brooklyn-based band MYAI, revealed that 30% of their activities involve the use of AI, while the remaining 70% rely on “artistic intelligence.” Krey points out that artists face a difficult learning curve:
“This is another task that artists have to consider in the process of creating value.”
David Borrie, co-founder and CEO of Pirate, understands artists’ hesitancy to use and promote AI. He compared this emerging technology to another breakthrough technology in the music industry-Auto-Tune:
“Looking back at the introduction of tools like Auto-Tune, they faced criticism early on but eventually took hold in the music industry. The process of AI becoming a standard tool in music creation will likely follow a similar path, as artists and audiences become increasingly interested in an innovative adaptation.”
Musical artists who have used AI to create have found that AI is most useful in the “song creation and arrangement” aspect.
The CEO of the Recording Academy said in an interview with the media earlier this year that he sees AI as a “creative amplifier” for artists.
However, the use of AI in music creation has also sparked controversy. For example, an artist who used an AI-generated track for Drake tried to submit his work for a nomination, but was rejected by the Academy due to copyright infringement concerns.
Major labels in the music industry are also grappling with the use of AI. Universal Music, for example, has partnered with Google to combat AI deepfakes of its artists and asked streaming services like Spotify to remove AI-generated deepfakes from their platforms. audio track.Return to Sohu to see more
Platform statement: The opinions in this article represent only the author’s own. Sohu is an information publishing platform. Sohu only provides information storage space services.